Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing channels on the Internet. You can use this to promote your websites, guide your customers on how and where to book their stay with you, but also generally interact with your known customers (by using the Anytime Booking Master List) with news and special offers. Using our email marketing module, you can segment your customer data – whether you want to just email customers who stayed with you last year or email everyone that stayed in a specific unit, or who brought a dog, for example.
Tip: You might want to create an incentive to book online in February? Why not add a discounted Add-on of £5 or a certain percentage off the booking if they booked for a particular weekend in February?
How much does email marketing cost with Anytime Booking?
Occasional Emails – Pay as you go.
Charged at £10 per campaign and 2p per email recipient. This is cost effective for those sending emails out once or twice a year.
Regular Email Sending
On the pay month scheme, you can send up to 12,500 emails per month as a starting point (this number will depend on your tariff). The cost per month depends on the total number of email address (customers) they have within Anytime Booking account.
|Number of email addresses||Cost per month (excl VAT)||No. of emails per month|
|501 – 2,500 email addresses||£20.40 per month||12,500 emails per month|
|2,501 – 5,000 email addresses||£34.80 per month||25,000 emails per month|
|5,001 – 10,000 email addresses||£63.60 per month||50,000 emails per month|
|10,001 – 15,000 email addresses||£92.40 per month||75,000 emails per month|
Please contact us if your email addresses are greater than 15,000 and we will advise you the monthly cost.
What’s the benefit of using Anytime’s email marketing over Mailchimp?
Your Anytime Booking database is connected to the email marketing module. This means you can easily segment your data to email a specific group of people. Perhaps everyone who stayed last year and brought a dog to target them.
You can export your customer records by going to Customers and clicking on the Export (CSV) button.
Watch our overview video
Go to this Knowledge Base article https://kb.anytimebooking.co.uk/email-marketing-overview-video/
How to access your email marketing module
There are two ways of accessing your email marketing module through Anytime Booking. You can either log in to the back office of Anytime with your PIN and in the top navigation bar, go to SETUP > MARKETING > EMAIL MARKETING.
Or click here to enter your email address and password to log in.
1) The Anytime Booking Master List and Your Subscribers
These are the names and email addresses you’d link to email.
- Click on the image above and this will take you to a short video on how to import subscribers and create lists.
- After you have logged into your email marketing account you can create your first list. You must go to List and Subscribers > Create new list. You can then name your list, and click Add list.
- Customise your list by clicking Custom Fields – you can add any additional fields you feel are necessary. For example you can add an ‘Address’, ‘Post Code’ or ‘Mobile Number’.
- The next step requires you to import your subscribers. We have already added an Anytime Booking Master List which will include all your previous booking data. But you can import your own if you wish.
2) Creating and editing your email templates
There are no limits to the number of templates you can use. Some people have different designs for their offline or online customers, or cottages and camping/touring – you can decide. To create your templates click on Templates located on the top right-hand-corner of the page.
If you would like your graphic designer to design a completely bespoke email template, let us know and we’ll get that sorted!
3) Create your first email campaign!
For most of you it’s going to be the first ever email campaign you’ve sent, so provided you’ve already done the previous two sections above, you can now start putting together your first campaign.
How to use your authenticated email address for your email campaigns
You may wonder why, when using email marketing, the ‘from’ address doesn’t look like the address you supplied when you created the campaign.
This is because when your email address is unauthenticated, your newsletter is sent from one of Campaign Monitor’s domains to aid deliverability. If they were to use your unauthenticated email, rather than their domain, many of your emails wouldn’t arrive in your customers’ inboxes or come back as bounces, because your email address has not been recognised as a safe email to be sending emails through Campaign Monitor’s system.
To fix this, you can set up an authenticated domain within your account’s ‘Authentication settings’ section and use that domain to send from for better deliverability. This tells your customers email servers that you’re safe to be sending emails through Campaign Monitor and makes it easier for your newsletter to arrive in their inboxes without them being bounced back out.
AUTHENTICATING YOUR SENDING DOMAIN
Setting up an authenticated domain in your account can greatly improve their deliverability and sending reputation. To set up your Campaign Monitor account with their own
1. Click on your account, go to your Client Settings tab, and click on the 'Authentication Settings' link in the righthand toolbar.
2. Now click the 'Add a sending domain’ button, enter your chosen sending domain (e.g. yourwebsite.co.uk, and click the 'Generate DNS records' button.
3. This will generate the domain key so you can add that to their DNS provider's settings (your DNS provider's support team can help with that step, if need be).
You can read more about setting up an authenticated domain in your Campaign Monitor account here: <a href="http://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=88">http://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=88</a>
4. Once you have added that record to your DNS provider’s settings, it can take the DNS provider anywhere from 5 minutes to 48 hours to fully update that record and for our
system to see the change. During that time you can go to your client’s 'Authentication Settings' section, click on the domain, and select the verify button until it comes
through as verified and valid.
5. Once that happens, all new drafts created in your account will be able to use that authenticated domain in the drop down menu when setting up a campaign's FROM address in the sender details. However, for current drafts in their account prior to setting up the authenticated domain, you'll have to update their sender details to use the new domain. Simply click on the draft, select the 'edit' button up by the sender details header, and then select their domain from the drop down menu in the From field. Save. You'll then see a gold key, which means the campaign draft will be sent using their authenticated domain, as seen in this example: <a href="http://cm.d.pr/15yES/4XG4uxY1">http://cm.d.pr/15yES/4XG4uxY1</a>
** An important note is that test previews of your campaigns will be sent from our preview email addresses, so those test previews won't mention your authenticated domain in the FROM address in your email client. However, as long as the campaign draft you're test previewing has an authenticated domain set up for its FROM address (indicated by the golden key) then the test preview emails will still be signed with that authenticated domain's key. Of course, actual campaign sends will be sent with your authenticated domain as the FROM address.
Now that your authenticated domain is set up, you can send using that authenticated domain and will have much better deliverability for your newsletters. That's a lot of
information, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions at all -- we can help you to get set up. Thanks!
How to segment your booking data
You can segment your booking data to target specific groups of customers. Whether that’s emailing everyone who is arriving in August who is bringing a dog.
Once you have logged into Email Marketing, go to List & Subscribers > click on the Anytime Booking Master List > Segmentation. Click on Segments on the right hand side of the screen. You can then start create the rules, or filters for your segment. Have a play around and save and sync at the end. It will tell you how many emails fall under this segment.
Once you have completed your segment, go back to your email Campaign, click edit to the right of Recipients and un-tick Anytime Booking Master List and tick on the segment you’ve created instead. Continue to sending the campaign.
If you have a specific segment in mind, and you are not sure how create this, just email email@example.com and we will help you through this.
If you need any help with sending off your campaign, or you can’t remember what your log in details are, please email firstname.lastname@example.org