When a booking is made, whether online or in the back office, you may want to log the customer’s car registration number. This is a simple process which will add a text field to the booking form where the number can be inputted. This can be set as optional or be a requirement of the booking.
NB. You do not need to create a free-field add-on to collect these details as the functionality is already here!
- Navigate to Setup > Configuration > Party Details
- Select the category and unit it will apply to
- Scroll down to the ‘Car Registration’ section
- Tick ‘Enable’ to activate the setting, if you want to make it mandatory tick ‘Required’
- If you need to ask for two registration numbers do the same for ‘Car Registration 2’
If you have a barrier system integration with IDS, this is the field that works seamlessly with their ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) camera.